🚨 Did you know that you can unsend an Instagram direct message? 🚨 Tanya Rad revealed to Ryan Seacrest on-air that she discovered the feature and thankfully “sucked back a DM” that she sent late night.
“Sometimes I wake up and I put my head in the pillow like ‘Whyyy!?’” Tanya admitted to Ryan. “There’s this one guy I met on Instagram and we’ve been DMing but he doesn’t live in LA … and I was kind of tipsy … and I sent him a DM — it was very, very casual and fine — but it said something like ‘Are you in town this weekend?’ … But then I got home and was like ‘Why did I message this guy?’ … If a guy wants to see me, he’s gonna see me … so I hold my [finger] over the message and what pops up as an option? Unsend! I freaked out.”
Tanya then deleted the message and the eligible bachelor never saw it.
So how can you do the same should you need to? Below are the exact instructions from Instagram:
How do I unsend a message I've sent using Instagram Direct?
- To unsend a message you've sent using Instagram Direct:
- Tap [the messages icon] in the top right of Feed.
- Select the conversation and go to the message you'd like to unsend.
- Tap and hold on the message, and then select Unsend.
- Once you unsend a message, it will no longer be visible to people included in the conversation. Keep in mind that the people you sent it to may have already seen your message.
- Note: You're not able to unsend disappearing photos and videos you send using Instagram Direct.
Listen back to Ryan and Tanya’s full chat in the audio and video above and sound off in the comments if you know of other Instagram tips and tricks!