Amid the recent wildfires, here are some tips to keep yourself, family and pets safe and prepared:
* Clear the immediate 30 foot perimeter of your home of dry leaf and other flammable debris…including your roof and gutters.
* Stage your Go Kits near the exit and be prepared to grab your keys and leave within minutes.
* Sleep with the clothes and shoes you would need to evacuate nearby and ready.
* Disable automatic garage doors and use manual mode so you can open the door quickly if power is out.
* Park your vehicles "heads out", and pre-pack water, extra blankets and clothes, and additional Go Bags in the trunk. Make sure you have at least a half tank of fuel.
* Keep cell phones and other devices fully charged. Sleep with a cell phone bedside so you will hear any emergency alerts.
* Have flashlights, batteries, and emergency lighting close at hand. NEVER USE CANDLES IN A POWER OUTAGE